DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Weekend busy bees

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

10.10.2006

Weekend busy bees

Scott and I got a whole lot accomplished this weekend. It always feels great to get done around the house things that have been on the to-do list for a while.




Scott focused on the manly jobs, and I worked mostly in the kitchen. We sit on the love seat to watch TV and movies. He sits on the left cushion, and I curl up next to him in the middle. We've been noticing that something was off because the couch would force me to lean on him whether I wanted to or not! :-) And it was really hard to get up off the couch. There was some sort of problem. Scott attacked it on Saturday, and after removing the bottom cover, he quickly discovered there was no center support beam. And the other two beams were not even centered in the space.





After a couple of trips to Lowe's, exerting mighty power in hacksawing, and a couple of hours, this is what Scott created. Now there is plenty of support without too much loss in comfort. I was really impressed at his skill and foresight during the completion of this project. He is truly a handy man.





I finally picked out some curtains for the living room. I wanted some shade of blue but was unable to find a desirable color, so I settled on burgundy... again. It seems that everything in our apartment is some sort of red. But it does look classy. Scott hung these for me on Saturday. Then he also hung a ceiling fan with a light kit over the couch. We had to get an extender pole so the blades would clear the projector. The apartment complex put a ceiling fan at the other end of the room, but you cannot feel it at all where we sit, and there was never enough light. Now both issues are solved, and we are comfortable. And our overnight guests will be cool.





I will write more about my kitchen adventures in another post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I really like the curtains. Our living room is somehow red too, but it does look classy.

10/11/2006 05:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home