DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Today

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

12.16.2006

Today

Wow. I'm up early. I've been falling asleep before 10 the last few days. I will probably still need a nap later, or I'll fall asleep again after writing this.




Today should be nice. I'm taking my wedding dress to David's Bridal to get it preserved. I don't want to get rid of it (at least not now), and I don't want it to yellow. They gave me a $60 off coupon when I bought it towards this service. It's supposed to come back in a box all packaged nicely. Right now it's still hanging in the bag like when I put it in there on the wedding night. I think the slip is just thrown in the bottom, and I wouldn't be surprised if the pantyhose are still in there too. I know I already took out the viel. In fact it went with us to Hawaii by accident.




Next I have to get an oil change and then a car wash. The oil change is 1000 miles over due, and the car wash a lot more. Normally I wash my car myself, but I found a place that does a nice job for $4 and they'll do the wheels for $2 more. Side note - don't ever buy the cheap brake pads. I did and I have not been able to keep my wheels clean for longer than 2 weeks! Plus the cheap material causes squealing even when they're not worn. It really annoys me. Scott said he might replace them for me. Maybe I'll put that on my birthday list. And we'll buy OEM this time. It's really only $20 more.




While I'm gone, Scott says he'll be gone to finish his Christmas shopping. I wonder where he's going. So I'll take advantage of it too, and gather a few last minute little things for his stocking. And I have to find a present for my Aunt. She pretty much likes anything, but it's hard to shop for her because our tastes are so different. We'll see what I come up with.




This week went pretty fast. I had to sit through two days of orientation -- BORING! I had already been through it all when I started school two years ago, but I had to do it again because of liability. Torture, I tell you.




I guess that's all for now. I shall peruse blogs now till I fall asleep again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow you are up early! It sounds like you will have a very productive day ahead of you. let me know how the wedding dress looks, I have thought about doing that to mine even though it is yellow.

12/16/2006 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

We had a second reception in Wisconsin at my in-laws house and I wore the dress for that. The dress is STILL hanging in the upstairs closet of the room where I took it off. I bet the gloves are wadded up in the bottom of the bag.
I hope you got some more sleep.

12/19/2006 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home