Some about Christmas
This first part of this post is mostly for Chris because he posted this a while back. And this should make him jealous :-)

Scott's parents bought one for him because Scott gave his sister an old laptop, printer and iPod for Christmas. Scott is excited because now he can watch his shows while he is on the road. Especially if he is bored on a truck. Last night we even watched the news together while 5 hours apart. That was neat.
My in-laws were here for about 5 days around Christmas. We had a good time with them. Scott's dad has always been into shooting guns for sport. This year he chose to pass one down to Scott as an early heirloom. Scott picked the one that he grew up shooting with his dad, a goverment issue 1911 .45 (I think that's the right description.) It's the silver one on the right.

They all thought it was necessary for me to begin to feel comfortable with it since it will be around, so we went to the gun range. I did take my first shot and it really freaked me out. I'm glad his dad only loaded it with one bullet. I shot about 5 more times while there. I can't say I'm comfortable with it, but I'm glad I know what it feels like to shoot it, should I ever need to. I'm not a good shot - I think because I was nervous. Scott, on the other hand, nailed his target nearly every time. At least I can have confidence in his ability to protect me. We saved his target, and he's going to post it to freak out any one who tries to intrude. We have no bullets right now, and I like it that way.
This is a good picture of Scott's parents.

Scott's parents bought one for him because Scott gave his sister an old laptop, printer and iPod for Christmas. Scott is excited because now he can watch his shows while he is on the road. Especially if he is bored on a truck. Last night we even watched the news together while 5 hours apart. That was neat.
My in-laws were here for about 5 days around Christmas. We had a good time with them. Scott's dad has always been into shooting guns for sport. This year he chose to pass one down to Scott as an early heirloom. Scott picked the one that he grew up shooting with his dad, a goverment issue 1911 .45 (I think that's the right description.) It's the silver one on the right.

They all thought it was necessary for me to begin to feel comfortable with it since it will be around, so we went to the gun range. I did take my first shot and it really freaked me out. I'm glad his dad only loaded it with one bullet. I shot about 5 more times while there. I can't say I'm comfortable with it, but I'm glad I know what it feels like to shoot it, should I ever need to. I'm not a good shot - I think because I was nervous. Scott, on the other hand, nailed his target nearly every time. At least I can have confidence in his ability to protect me. We saved his target, and he's going to post it to freak out any one who tries to intrude. We have no bullets right now, and I like it that way.
This is a good picture of Scott's parents.







4 Comments:
Hey, Randy got a slingbox for Christmas too! He asked for one from his parents to put on their cable tv so he can watch american football games over here in Germany, which he hasn't been able to do hardly since we moved here 5 1/2 years ago. :) Good pictures!
Did you get your clothes yet? I believe your mom has them if you haven't gotten them yet. I hope you can use some of them!
You've been tagged
A slingbox! Nice! DO you like it? It sounds like you do. I could not use anyway. Kim's dog ate my DSL line. Seriously. Bad dog.
Post a Comment
<< Home