DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: No way...

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.14.2007

No way...

The A/C actually turned off just now! I got home today at 11:30, turned the air down from 83 to 79, and it just now turned off. Normally we turn the air up to 85 while we are gone, but it ran way too long yesterday trying to cool things back down again.

What's your experience? Do you turn the air "Up" while you are away from the house for an extended amount of time? Does it really save money? Some people have told me it's cheaper (or costs the same) to leave it at one temp all the time. Then it doesn't have to run for so long to cool a space back down. Thoughts??

Uh-oh, it just turned on again. I think it was off for 3 minutes. I better adjust next month's budget.

Yesterday it was 103 here. Right now it is 95, but it forecasted to reach 103 again.

Oh btw, I got home early because I went to work WAY TOO EARLY today! Scott needed to be at work by 4:20 a.m. He also has to go out of town and did not want to leave his car sitting in that part of town for three days. So Being that we work so close to each other, I went to work then also.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow that is way early! Was it spooky there all by yourself? We do turn our air up. I have heard that too, but I have never tested the theory for fear that it might cost more money. It only seems to take a really long time to cool down if we are gone for a whole weekend or something.

8/14/2007 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth Ann said...

We turn ours up only a few degrees, then it doesn't take as long to cool down...I have never tested it either, but my theory is that it is about the same, if not cheaper...the other thing to think about is that it probably wears down the compressor faster if it stays on for so long, whereas if it goes on and off more times it gives it a break....I guess that doesn't matter as much if you don't own the home...

8/15/2007 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, Becca, it was kind of spooky, but I just locked all the lab doors and was okay.

8/16/2007 08:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home