9:01
I didn't live there that day. At that time I didn't even know anyone who did. So, I didn't feel the blast. Nor did I lose anyone I loved. But within two years I moved there and met many who did. And then it became real to me. I once drove by the field after it was cleared and read the notes posted on the fence. Words of many who had lost those closest to them. The real tear jerkers were the kids writing to their parents or the parents writing to their kids. Even though I lived there while the National Memorial was being built, I never went to see it or to view the chairs. But I do think Oklahoma City did a great job with this effort to remember those lost. Especially with the chairs. Now each family can visit the memory of their loved one individually. Did you know that the children are represented by smaller chairs? It also serves as a place for others to visit and learn how detrimental violence can be. Hopefully many of the younger generation will visit and then, if they're ever in a situation that could turn violent, they'll walk away so their hearts won't become hardened and this will never happen again. My heart goes out to the ones who are hurting today, 10 years later.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home