DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: High on acetone

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

6.15.2005

High on acetone

I have a protocol in the lab that requires acetone to wash filter paper. If you don't know what it is - smell your nail polish remover. Today I prepared about 100 of these squares and put them through a pre-wash. Now I feel a bit loopy. Good thing I have a small break before I have to get to the experiment. Wouldn't want to be loopy during that and mess up a whole bunch of stuff.

UPDATE: 100 isn't nearly enough, so I guess I'll be loopy again tomorrow. Maybe I should work in the hood like I'm supposed to.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those safety precautions are there for a reason!

Becca

6/16/2005 10:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safety precautions? Bah!! You're no wuss! Suck it up. My Dad never wears goggles or ear protection. He is near deaf and his eyesight is in question, but he is still a man's man!

6/16/2005 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Are you serious? They would make you go work in the 'hood? If the job is something that has to be done in the ghetto, well there is just something not right about it. Something to think about. I still think you should be our Nanny this summer.

6/17/2005 02:07:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Fortunately, this is not a social services job. And also just as much unfortunate, if I want to stay in school here, I cannot be your nanny.

6/17/2005 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

One word: hookey.

6/17/2005 09:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home