DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Walmart couch, where are you?

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

6.11.2005

Walmart couch, where are you?

Well, the new toilet paper is now properly stored in a safe place. Not in the truck.

My friend Mark from Germany called today. His mother's health was in question this week, so we planned a call in case things were bad. Thankfully she is fine. I didn't know what time he would call, and I had some errands to run. I remember thinking as I walked into Walmart, "Gee, with my luck Mark will call while I'm in Walmart." Sure enough, half way through my shopping the phone rang. I went to the furniture section and found a padded folding chair and sat there on the phone for more than an hour. I was hoping to find a futon set up so I could take off my shoes and lie back to relax. No such luck.

Tonight I'm going out with some girls from church. We are going to a singing service at a local church and then to dinner and out for Salsa dancing. I'm not quite that extroverted, so I'm not sure I will fully enjoy myself and dance, but we'll see how it goes.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you "Salsa"? When I was in El Salvador last month, the organization that coordinated our optometric campaign had a party for us one evening. There was a salsa band there and I had just planned on sitting and watching and taking pics of everyone. Well, that plan went to the wayside when a couple of ladies who worked for the organization came over and more or less pulled me onto the dance floor. I tried to resist but 1) I can't speak Spanish (although I am now learning it) and 2) I didn't think it would be polite to turn down these mujeres since they had helped us a lot during the mission trip. So, I got a crash course in salsa dancing, and while it was not pretty by any stretch of the imagination -- I had fun. Anyway, that's my one-and-only (so far) run-in with Latin dancing.

-- Mardee

6/12/2005 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Mardee?!? I knew something smelled funny...

6/13/2005 06:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA. Val, Mardee, Karen and Jen, all in the same room again. SCARY!

6/14/2005 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Agreed, Jen.

Yes, Mardee, I did salsa, but not so well. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I were in El Salvador.

Val, do they Salsa in the Salvador where you are?

6/14/2005 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

nope, in our Salvador (sans-El), they samba. but I can't.

6/17/2005 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/17/2005 12:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home