Got a gig!
It's my first one in Dallas, and this is cool. Now my name can be passed around and I can start bringing in a little extra money for playing trumpet. The church on the campus of SMU was burned a while back, and there will be a kickoff celebration for a new building next Sunday evening. I was asked to be part of a quartet that is going to play. It was supposed to be a volunteer thing, but a member of the church insisted we needed to be paid. Don't know how much, but whatever always helps. We had rehearsal this afternoon, and afterward I was told by the music director that he would like to call me in for special services like Easter, Christmas, etc. Those are always fun and often pay very well. Even without a music degree.
And by the way, driving there this afternoon I took the Northwest Highway. If you know the roads in Dallas, you know this one runs directly parallel with the north side of Love Field Airport. And as I passed, I saw this huge plane flying above me. Remember how much I like planes? This was awesome! Yet the closest view I've found so far. There is a nice small body of water, a park and a walking area in between the road and the airport. I'll have to go back and check them out, and I'll take my camera and get a great shot of a real airplane!
And by the way, driving there this afternoon I took the Northwest Highway. If you know the roads in Dallas, you know this one runs directly parallel with the north side of Love Field Airport. And as I passed, I saw this huge plane flying above me. Remember how much I like planes? This was awesome! Yet the closest view I've found so far. There is a nice small body of water, a park and a walking area in between the road and the airport. I'll have to go back and check them out, and I'll take my camera and get a great shot of a real airplane!







3 Comments:
That is great. If they need like electric guitar could you drop them my name?
I can see it now... We're in the middle of a hymn and Chris starts soloing. I'll see if they're up for it. Maybe if you got a bow and could play the bass that way.
Don't take this the wrong way, but you are a musical prostitute! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home