Talking elevators
I know they have their purpose, and at first you might think they are really cool. But, this is how it goes. My current lab is in a brand new building, and this new building has talking elevators. I sit in the atrium to eat lunch. This atrium is two floors tall - the top floor has a balcony. And all I hear the whole time is... "floor number nine, going up"...or "floor number ten, going down." And there is appropriate voice inflection for the up or the down. And this happens for each of four elevators times two floors. It can get really annoying after a while. I am now prone to take short lunch breaks, at least until the other labs on the floor fill up and I have people to eat with again.







3 Comments:
Those are hilarious!
Becca
You might get lucky and be able to mimick the voice enough that you will be the next elevator voice!!
-Kim
Maybe you could bring some wire cutters to work, and cut the speaker wires when no one is looing?
Post a Comment
<< Home