Hats off to Toyota
I knew I bought a good truck when I bought a Toyota, but as time passes that fact is reinforced. I took it in this morning to get the inspection. I found out there is only a 5-day grace period, and I cannot afford a ticket right now. I took it to the dealer even though I don't go there for everything. They usually price their services way too high, but the inspection price is mandated by the state. I don't scrimp on oil changes though. Toyota has a special anti-drainback valve in the oil filters. That's one of the reasons their engines last so long. But I digress...
Turns out there was a recall on the ball joints. I knew of this but had forgotten. The part was in stock so they did that too. The recall also included a free alignment. Now I've had the truck for 3.5 years and have never gotten the alignment checked. They gave me the printout of the reading before and after, and the only reading that was out of range was the toe. And mind you it was only off by 0.05 degrees. I'd say that's pretty good for 3.5 years. Go Toyota! And to top it off, they even gave me a ride to school and came and picked me up when it was ready. Talk about service.
Yes, I do plan to get back to the Eskimo.
Turns out there was a recall on the ball joints. I knew of this but had forgotten. The part was in stock so they did that too. The recall also included a free alignment. Now I've had the truck for 3.5 years and have never gotten the alignment checked. They gave me the printout of the reading before and after, and the only reading that was out of range was the toe. And mind you it was only off by 0.05 degrees. I'd say that's pretty good for 3.5 years. Go Toyota! And to top it off, they even gave me a ride to school and came and picked me up when it was ready. Talk about service.
Yes, I do plan to get back to the Eskimo.







3 Comments:
Those of us (not mentioning any names) who bought Ford so the U.S. economy would not tank, are jealous.
I'll help you pick one out next time. Glad you're back. I'll anxiously await your post about the trip.
love your pickup, and you got some great service too. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home