Goodnight Peter Jennings
I've not ever been a news buff, but it is inevitable that you become familiar with the faces in the news. This has been an eventful year as all the major nightly news anchors stepped down. It's just not the same anymore. Why is it that we are saddened when we don't even know these people? I guess it's just because they are often in our homes for dinner.
Peter Jennings died tonight at the age of 67 because of lung cancer. I will miss him.
UPDATE: ABC will air a special on him on Wed at 8/7c
Peter Jennings died tonight at the age of 67 because of lung cancer. I will miss him.
UPDATE: ABC will air a special on him on Wed at 8/7c








5 Comments:
I had not heard about that. He really was an evening fixture for as long as I can remember.
I saw the obituary just a few minutes ago. For me, it was David Brinkley's death - he was one of the anchors from my childhood. And, of course, Walter Cronkite is still alive and well.
While i haven't watched nightly news in years (I read in on the internet these days) - Peter Jennings will be missed. He had a friendly face and was an excellent journalist. Even though we don't know them in person - they are part of our lives through the magic of television.
I had not heard the news and I feel saddened at his passing. Peter Jennings was my favorite and I have missed him since he stepped down a few months ago.
I like the way you described "these men coming into our homes". We look forward to seeing them each day.
I did not even know that all of the major news anchors steppped down this year. I guess the nightly news programs are becoming an anachronism. Most everyone gets thier news from the Internet now. RIP Peter Jennings.
He will be missed, I hadn't heard.
Post a Comment
<< Home