DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Saturday: the carseat

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.03.2005

Saturday: the carseat

thanks, guys!
Last Saturday I had a chance to meet my first blogger friend. Her name is Robyn, and this is her blog. Chris found her when she first started blogging, and we all kind of attached to her story and the excitement and anxieties she shares about her first pregnancy. A few weeks ago she posted a wish list of the things she would like to acquire or get done before her baby girl Avery arrives. She is due in nearly three more weeks.

Well, Amy read Robyn's blog (I need a car seat) and remembered another entry on Sarah's blog (offering a car seat) and thus sent Sarah to read Robyn's blog. In the meantime I read all the blogs and realized my mom would be coming up to Dallas from Austin. Sarah lives in Austin, and Robyn and I live in the Dallas area. How perfect! So I chimed in and offered my mom's assistance (before she knew) in bringing the seat to me, and then I would get it to Robyn. Robyn and I eagerly awaited for our meeting day to arrive.

And what a great day it was!

I got there about 10:30 in the morning and did not leave until 4 p.m. Her boyfriend Jamie, though worn out from too much work, woke up to meet me and then we all went and put the seat in the car. Then he went back to bed and Robyn and I talked and talked and talked... and talked some more. It was too cool how we just hit it off so well! When I first read Robyn's blog back in April and noticed she lived near me, I remember thinking how cool it would be if we could somehow meet someday. It's funny how it ended up being a car seat that brought us together. I went there to put the finishing touches on a prepared blessing for the life of Robyn and Jamie and Avery, and I left there blessed far beyond what I expected. How cool is that?! Robyn, it was so good to meet you.

Oh, and she made us all peanut butter cookies according to Amy's recipe. Sorry, but they just don't mail well. I'll think of you as I eat them... hee hee hee.

3 Comments:

Blogger Avery's mom said...

THATS ME and my TERRIFIC CAR SEAT!!! it was wonderful for everyone to be so helpful, THANK YOU ALL! I love my little carseat and I'm excited about getting to use it shortly.
Karen, it was super nice getting to meet a new friend. I get all happy inside when I think about how nice a person you are and really hope that we are able to get together again sometime. call me WHEN ever! I would love to see you and hang out. i really feel blessed getting to meet you.

8/05/2005 09:47:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Robyn
I love your picture it makes me laugh every time that you leave a comment.

8/05/2005 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am humbled that my little old carseat brought so much joy to the day. We have fond memories of carting it around and I hope Robyn does too.

Robyn, I wash all the cloth pieces in my regular washer and dry them in the dryer.

8/10/2005 09:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home