DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: For Brenda

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

5.26.2006

For Brenda

Brenda asked for more wedding details a few posts back. Here is my attempt to fulfill her request.

We have chosen the color burgundy for the main wedding color. Scott has a real fascination with red. His bedroom curtains are red, his bathroom decor is red, we picked out a red duvet cover for our registry at Target. I was not surprised when he suggested burgundy. It is a nice color, so I jumped on board. Plus it's different for me. I always do everything blue. After choosing the color, we realized the church has burgundy carpet and pews, so what a perfect pair! I'm thinking about a white aisle runner so the rose petals can still be seen on the floor.

We'll be picking out flowers this weekend. I don't know the first thing about flowers, but hopefully we'll get all that done. It is the last BIG item on the wedding to-do list. We'll do a combination of fake and real, but most will be fake. I'll go down another weekend and help assemble everything.

I'm trying to decide about a slideshow. My first thought was to show it at the reception so people are entertained somewhat while we finish up taking pictures. I always hate sitting around waiting forever while the pictures are happening, and I'm trying to be figure out a creative way to help people pass that time. But, I would also like to be present while the slide show is running. We'll see.

Though I am a musician, I must admit I'm having a little trouble picking out music. I want my songs to be unique - not the same things you hear at every other wedding. I think my tendency to be sentimental is also getting in the way here. I want things to be "just right" so I don't run into the thought in the future of "Oh, I wish I had done that in my wedding."

We are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon. Honolulu on the Oahu island to be exact. We reserved a one bedroom condo with a full kitchen about a half mile from the beach. We're flying in and out of Austin. It was cheaper, I'm sure we'll have things to pick up from the wedding. I've heard there are many great things to do there, and I cannot wait to take in the beauty and taste the flavorful fruits! We're sure to have a blast visiting the mountain, driving around the island, walking along the beach at sunset, visiting Pearl Harbor, and we might even try snorkeling. I would love to take one of the helicopter tours, but I hear it's about $150 per person, a little expensive. Nonetheless, fun is in store! I'm excited about taking pictures too! Maybe somewhere in the next few years I can put a scrapbook together.

We're headed to Austin this weekend. The main event will be a church reunion. This is the church where I grew up, and they are celebrating their 80th anniversary. I'm excited to see people from a long time ago, especially preacher Dennis! Should be great! Tonight we are meeting up with Becca and Jonathan to watch X-men 3. We're leaving in a few minutes. Hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Avery's mom said...

you will be so happy the day of your wedding. I know I was in complete bliss for mine. there is nothing like the romance of comiting yourself, your life to the man that you love
trust me, you will never say "oh, I wish we had done that for our wedding" because you will be utterly satisfied with your special day.

5/26/2006 09:30:00 PM  
Blogger ann said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures on your blog!!! :)

5/27/2006 08:11:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Flowers are those colorful plants. There. Now you know the first thing about flowers.

5/29/2006 04:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing about the plans--makes me reminisce! Sorry, I haven't been around (blogging)...been kinda busy... :)

5/29/2006 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I think I am with Brianna,reminiscing is so fun. Damon and I had all of the pictures that didn't contain the both of us done before the wedding. It cut out a huge chunk of time inbetween the wedding and our arrival at the reception.

5/29/2006 10:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen,
Thank you so much for sharing, I remember planning my wedding and it was so much fun to be able to come in to work and talk to you about everything. I wish I was closer by to hear the progress on a daily basis. Everything will be beautiful and there will never be a time when you say I wish I would have... Take care and keep me posted.
Brenda

5/30/2006 08:13:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

For music- I suggest a couple songs that maybe are about marriage but not the trad. ones. We use "Two sets of Joneses" and "Storybook Love". Sounds like you have things way more under control than I did at that point. Good job.

6/01/2006 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger EandJTrygg said...

Hey Karen:

Jeanie can't find a dress in burgundy, and she's not sure what color "burgundy" is supposed to be. Can you send us a color swatch or something? Jeanie has a photo you sent her, but she seems to think that the burgundy in the photo isn't burgundy enough to really be burgundy, not compared to the burgundy that she's thinking should be burgundy. And I'm already tired of visiting David's Bridal. There is absolutely nothing for a guy to look at in there. And all these 20-year-old brides-to-be are giving me the evil eye.

--Erik

6/02/2006 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Sure Erik, I'll send another picture and a swatch of ribbon that is a good burgundy. Sorry it's been confusing. We should have looked when y'all were in town.

6/02/2006 10:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home