Ten years ago
Wow, I graduated from high school 10 years ago today! Out on Nelson Field at like seven o'clock in the evening. My mom and I tracked down almost all my teachers from Kindergarten through high school and invited them to come hear me give my speech. About 30 showed up which I think is neat. I have a picture somewhere.
Hard to believe 10 years has flown by.
Ten years ago:
I thought I was going to be a doctor. I should have been in the middle of residency right now.
I thought I would gave been long married by now... still have 47 days to go.
I had 5 neices and nephews. Now I have 9!
I had been looking forward to my high school reunion. Most people usually dread theirs, but I've always looked forward to mine. I had some good friends in high school. Plans began early this year and for the longest time it looked like schedules were working out and I was going to get to go. But two weeks ago the dates changed. And they didn't change to a convenient weekend for me. Instead it's right smack on my wedding day!! My friend Abbye said, "Well, your wedding is in the afternoon, so why don't you just come afterwards. The events don't start until seven on Saturday." Um... NO! Hello, I will have much better things to do after the wedding :-)
So instead I sent an email to the coordinator and told him to let everyone know about my wedding. And, like Abbye pointed out, my wedding is in the afternoon. They all have time to come see me get married and then go have fun on their boat. We'll see how many show up. Maybe I can catch the next reunion. However, with my luck, I'm likely to be having a kid or something. Although I would be a little old to be having kids by then.
Hard to believe 10 years has flown by.
Ten years ago:
I thought I was going to be a doctor. I should have been in the middle of residency right now.
I thought I would gave been long married by now... still have 47 days to go.
I had 5 neices and nephews. Now I have 9!
I had been looking forward to my high school reunion. Most people usually dread theirs, but I've always looked forward to mine. I had some good friends in high school. Plans began early this year and for the longest time it looked like schedules were working out and I was going to get to go. But two weeks ago the dates changed. And they didn't change to a convenient weekend for me. Instead it's right smack on my wedding day!! My friend Abbye said, "Well, your wedding is in the afternoon, so why don't you just come afterwards. The events don't start until seven on Saturday." Um... NO! Hello, I will have much better things to do after the wedding :-)
So instead I sent an email to the coordinator and told him to let everyone know about my wedding. And, like Abbye pointed out, my wedding is in the afternoon. They all have time to come see me get married and then go have fun on their boat. We'll see how many show up. Maybe I can catch the next reunion. However, with my luck, I'm likely to be having a kid or something. Although I would be a little old to be having kids by then.







7 Comments:
I will be at your wedding. We can have a mini reunion. Its funny, but I remember sitting on your bedroom floor while you worked on your big speech and now, ten years later, I will be sitting on the floor while you get ready for yet another big speech. Maybe this time I can have a chair?
I was reading this thinking, I didn't know Karen was older than me.....OH WAIT, I graduated 10 years ago too, can't remember the date, that's what kids will do to you. Damon got an invite to his 10 year reunion last year which I placed strategically on his pillow....and proceeded to laugh. Guess that caught up with me!!!!
Karen,
Can Elizabeth H. and I crash your wedding? We would love to see you get married?
Jennifer V.
Hi Jennifer! You and Elizabeth are more than welcome to come to the wedding! I would love to see you two. It's been years!!! I heard Liz has kids.
Yippee! We'll see you there!
That's poopy that they are on the same day. How dare they not consult you first. Oh well maybe you can catch the next one. And yes hopefully you will be done having kids by then, but you do know the trend in our family!
Maybe they can just combine the two events?
Post a Comment
<< Home