My niece Brittney was baptized on Sunday. I decorated the apartment yesterday for fall. Two things that make me really happy. Scott came home last night, but he just left again. I'm really sad. He was out of town last week and will be again next week. I couldn't fall asleep until 1:30, and then I woke up to his alarm at 4:30. I can't go back to sleep. I don't want to go to work. I miss my friends in Oklahoma and having family around. No hugs here. I'm lonely. I signed up to volunteer to help out at a community Thanksgiving dinner next week. I'm tired of having to defend myself in my decision to quit school. Why can't everyone just accept it and not make me feel worse about it? When someone outside my family asks how school is going, now I have to tell them, and then they get this frown on their face like I just made the worst decision of my life. I didn't. Don't they have more faith in me than that? And can't they see that that was probably a hard decision for me and there will be an adjustment period? Instead they make me feel even more isolated. Except Joe Harper. Thanks, Joe. I just noticed today is 4 months for Scott and me. That's cool. That's all I have to say.
"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice
11.08.2006
About Us
We are newlyweds, married in July 2006 after meeting through Match.com just 11 months earlier. Scott works in management
for a safety shoe company, and Karen is working in a scientific research lab at UT Southwestern. Scott travels a lot for work, and Karen doesn't like that. Karen lounges around the house when Scott is gone, and he wishes she would vacuum more. But, we're learning the ropes of marriage and doing our best to keep God in the center. We love life and are looking forward to sharing the rest of it together. Please join us on our journey.



Try it. It worked for me!
Breast Cancer Prevention
Scripture for the Day
Where are my visitors?
My Photos
My Favorite Picture
Blogs I Read
- Ann's Born to Fly
- Auvrey's Critique of E-Dating Services
- Becca and Jonathan's Online Tome
- Brandon's Online (nephew)
- Brittney's Blog (niece)
- Cedric & Melanie Hawley
- Chris's Conversazione
- Curt Niccum
- Erik & Jeanie's Tryggblog
- Gina's Courtney Chronicles
- Ginger's Kids II
- Henry Melton's Idle Thoughts
- Jason DeMoe
- JettyBetty
- Kimmie's Nuthin' Much Blog (niece)
- Life and Times of Eric's Wife
- Marjorie's Chickie Blog (niece)
- Mark's Saxon Sayings
- Mary Ann's View
- Mom has Grandma's Wisdom
- OC Alumni Milestones
- Paul's Train Up a Child
- Quentin's Flak88 (nephew)
- Ruth Ann's Heart Blossoms
- Ryan Schasteen's Blog from Wyoming
- Sarah's Chicken
- Stacey Owns A Home
- susanasus
- Suzy's Sushi
- Tamika's Spotted Dragonfly
- The Blog of Jen Oaks
- The Blogging Incident
- The Carroll Chronicles
- The Family Man
- Tim & Emily = Temily
- Val and Russ Quirey's Life
Sites to see
- UT Southwestern (my school)
- My lab. Yay, my lab!
- My fourth rotation lab
- My third rotation lab
- My second rotation lab
- The first rotation lab
- OMRF
- Apple Computer
- Match.com
- Technorati - see who links where
- Macworld
- South Macarthur Church of Christ
- Memorial Road Church of Christ
- Bible Gateway
- Oklahoma Christian University
- K-Love Radio
- Wikipedia
- America's Test Kitchen
- Freecycle - a neat concept
Web publishing helps
Posts of Interest
Recent Posts
- Congratulations Scott!
- Thankful Thursday
- Can't sleep
- Weekend busy bees
- Boys
- Wedding pics
- First kiss
- Jonathan & Rebecca
- The boy list
- Catch up: flashback to El Paso
History of my blog
"I run in the path of your commands for you have set my heart free." -Psalm 119:32
Try it. It worked for me!
currently visiting






8 Comments:
Hugs Karen. You need to do what is best for you. Don't worry about what others say.
Drop me an email if you want to chat sometimes.
Heather
Cheer up, Karen. Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 - "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
School or no school, you're special...Give me their names, and I'll come and womp on 'em! I love you and wish you were here so I could give you a hug.
I am a firm believer that to spend money going to school to study to be something you don't want to be (or don't want to be anymore) is a waste of money. If you hate it, you won't stick with it. And I know that there are people out there who would disagree with me on this, but there are more important things in life than a career. Find something you like to do, that allows you to pay the bills and have a life outside of work. That's way more important. God will get you through this and one day you'll look back and say "what was I so stressed about?" =o)
Sorry you are (or were) having a tough time. Decisions are like that--they don't please everyone. But you've got good friends (as this blog witnesses) and great husband and an almighty God to see you through.
Hugs, Hugs, Hugs!
I'm determined to see you guys when we are on furlough in the Spring. We couldn't make it work last time, but this time I'm determined!!
And wonderful news about your niece of course--God bless her!
You quit school!?!?
Just kidding. I totally understand. You really have to do what you love, and not care what others think or say. Life is too short, you know?
Karen,
It sounds like you have had to make some tough decisions and I know that these decisions were not taken lightly. You need to do what is right for you and don't listen to anyone that tells you different. Have you decided what to do next in life? Keep us posted we all are praying for you.
Brenda
Hey Karen, I'm proud of you for making such a tough decision. You know what is best for you, and I'm sure you thought through things very carefully. So many people go through life doing what others expect of them, and then end up miserable. Do what makes YOU happy. You are in my thoughts.
Cindy
Post a Comment
<< Home