DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Frustrated

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

5.24.2007

Frustrated

I have been sitting at work for nearly two weeks now with not much to do. I might be working what would be considered part time hours, if that. It's boring. A person can only surf the web so many hours in a day. I have talked to my boss, but he gives me nothing else.

So naturally I'm going back to contemplating a career change, now that I'm not in grad school anymore, and I don't want to go back. It's just not my goal anymore. And I think I need a break from the lab. I've been doing this for 10 years now.

I've been considering nursing, but then I'm turned off the idea because I would have to retake some courses. Several, and add a few more. At least a semester and a half worth. And courses that I passed and don't want to repeat. Only necessary because the entrance requirements state they must be completed within 5 years. Hello! Not necessary! I just need a career change. I don't need to repeat half my college education to do so. So that makes nursing a lot less appealing... and leaves me VERY frustrated!!!

In the meantime I just love on my puppy and act like it will all go away.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm sorry that you're frustrated. That's never fun. I think that you would be a great nurse! I understand that it would suck to take the courses over again, but if that's what you really want to do, I think it would be worth it.

5/26/2007 03:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home