DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: East to West

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.21.2007

East to West

It's been awhile since I posted about a song on here.

I'm a sucker for great lyrics. If the music is awesome too, then I'm almost in heaven sometimes. Casting Crowns released a new song on the radio waves a few weeks ago. Their new CD, The Altar and the Door, will be in stores next week. I will probably just buy a few songs instead.

Their new song is called East to West, and they hit me with the lyrics. It's about trying to understand the depth of God's forgiveness. And how long will he keep forgiving me when I keep messing up? We are told in Psalm 103:11-13 that God's forgiveness is as far as the east is from the west, but what does that really mean? The lyrics in this song answer that with an awesome concept. It's "from one scarred hand to another." I've never thought about it that way, but that's cool.

You can listen to the song by clicking on it in the upper left corner of this website.

East to West, Casting Crowns

Here I am Lord and I’m drowning, in Your sea of forgetfulness
The chains of yesterday surround me, I yearn for peace and rest
I don’t want to end up where You found me
And it echoes in my mind
Keeps me awake tonight

I know you’ve cast my sin as far as the East is from the West
And I stand before You now as though I’ve never sinned
But today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
From You leaving me this way

Chorus:
Jesus can you show me just how far the east is from the west
‘Cause I can’t bear to see the man I’ve been
Rising up in me again
In the arms of Your mercy I find rest
‘Cause You know just how far the east is from the west
From one scarred hand to the other

I start the day, the war begins
Endless reminding of my sin
And time and time again
Your truth is drowned out by the storm I’m in
Today I feel like I’m just one mistake away
from You leaving me this way

Chorus

I know You’ve washed me white
Turn my darkness into life
I need Your peace to get me through
To get me through this night
I can’t live by what I feel
About the truth Your Word reveals
I’m not holding on to You
But You’re holding on to me
You’re holding on to me

Chorus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home