No neuter today
Well, I'm sure if Wallace knew what was going on, he would be cheering, "Yes, I get to keep my manhood for one more week!"
I have always realized one of my weaknesses is dealing with change, especially when I have a plan. This week I had a plan! Since Wallace would be gone for two days at the vet's office, I called apartment maintenance to come fix that light.
We get to the vet's office, I sign the consent form for anesthesia, and then I learn that our vet is not even in the office today! WHAT! He works with another lady vet. Evidently he informed his staff after I made my appointment last week that he was taking off a couple of days. I asked why they did not call me. They said it wasn't in my chart that I preferred one vet over another. I haven't even met this other vet; she is not doing surgery on my puppy! (The mother instinct has kicked in again.) Then the lady went on to say, "Do you want to meet her? Then she can do it?" Uh... NO!
So we are currently rescheduled for Monday, but as I was driving to work I realized why I wanted Thursday in the first place... so we could watch over him through the weekend. So I'll try to reschedule for next Thursday. Labor day gives us an extra day home to boot.
Back to the change issue. I was so frustrated in the moment! Now I had to figure out what to do with the dog for the day (or two), and it just messed up my plan. Plus he hadn't had any food or water since last night. Luckily he just stayed at the vet's office today, and I might have to take him back for day boarding tomorrow. At least they only charge $6 for the day. I'll be glad when we pay our pet deposit so we don't have to hide the dog anymore.
I have always realized one of my weaknesses is dealing with change, especially when I have a plan. This week I had a plan! Since Wallace would be gone for two days at the vet's office, I called apartment maintenance to come fix that light.
We get to the vet's office, I sign the consent form for anesthesia, and then I learn that our vet is not even in the office today! WHAT! He works with another lady vet. Evidently he informed his staff after I made my appointment last week that he was taking off a couple of days. I asked why they did not call me. They said it wasn't in my chart that I preferred one vet over another. I haven't even met this other vet; she is not doing surgery on my puppy! (The mother instinct has kicked in again.) Then the lady went on to say, "Do you want to meet her? Then she can do it?" Uh... NO!
So we are currently rescheduled for Monday, but as I was driving to work I realized why I wanted Thursday in the first place... so we could watch over him through the weekend. So I'll try to reschedule for next Thursday. Labor day gives us an extra day home to boot.
Back to the change issue. I was so frustrated in the moment! Now I had to figure out what to do with the dog for the day (or two), and it just messed up my plan. Plus he hadn't had any food or water since last night. Luckily he just stayed at the vet's office today, and I might have to take him back for day boarding tomorrow. At least they only charge $6 for the day. I'll be glad when we pay our pet deposit so we don't have to hide the dog anymore.







1 Comments:
I think for dogs it is "doghood".
Post a Comment
<< Home