DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Report

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

10.25.2007

Report

My procedure went really well yesterday. It was really involved though, it seemed. I had to go to the outpatient surgery center even though I wasn't having surgery. I had to do the whole pre-op and post-op thing too. Pre-op got kind of lonely as I sat in the room all by myself with the curtain drawn. I didn't even need an IV so the nurse wasn't there very long. I got cold, asked for another blanket, and tried to sleep. I was exhausted after getting up so early, worrying that I hadn't "cleaned myself out" enough, and stressing over traffic, afraid I was going to be late. The lady at check-in was very nice, and quickly took my $194 co-pay! I hope that is all it costs.

The doctor finally came in and was very nice and patient, taking time to answer all of my questions. He quickly relieved any fears or anxieties I had. I was wheeled away after only a few more minutes.

The procedure itself was not bad and only took about 5 minutes. I did not require sedation, and the doctor let me watch the whole thing on the monitor. There was only occasional, mild discomfort that caused me to grimace slightly.

I have to say it was awesome to see the inside of my colon! Even better was seeing how healthy it is! With the issues I have been having lately, the mind wonders if something has gone wrong in there. It's amazing how God made the body. Even your insides, which we never see except in cases like this, are perfectly formed.

We definitely found a hemorrhoid. It does look like it is nearly fossilized so it shouldn't bother me much longer. He could not remove it because it was below the dentate line. I do have pictures but I'm not sure you want to see them. It's not like this was an ultrasound for a baby :-)

Thanks for your prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Did you get lots of prescription pain killers? Those things are hard to come by if you are not working with a doctor. I always try to stock up when I can.

10/25/2007 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Karen, so glad things are okay with you! Had NO clue this was going on. I had to have a colonoscopy about a year and a half ago, so I completley understand the idea of 'cleaning yourself out'. LOL Glad you are going to be okay!
Amanda

10/25/2007 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

I am glad of two things:1. Your procedure went well. 2.I didn't have to see the pictures!

10/26/2007 09:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home