Weekend highlights
Our time in Missouri was so much fun! I met everyone else on Friday in a little town called Kimmswick. I see it as craft central. We walked up and down the streets visiting many small shops. From there we drove into St. Louis, stopping of course at the mall. Then we caught up with the rest again and... well... got lost. There was road construction, so we missed the exit for the arch, then we missed the exit for dinner. We did finally find the arch, snapped some blurry pictures (it was too dark to be shooting without a tripod), and found ourselves at an amazing Brazilian restaurant for dinner. We splurged, each spending more than $20 on dinner, but it was our only eat-out meal of the weekend. Jhansi and Amanda did a great job of planning the menu and shopping for the food.
Saturday we slept in after staying up way too late playing games. In the afternoon we visited a local winery to take a tour and taste wines. It was a beautiful place and an enjoyable experience. We went back to the house and played more games. I was never able to stay up as late as the others. One night I fell asleep on the couch sitting up, then next night in the floor.
Sunday morning we had a small devotional before bidding farewell to the first two to leave. They had a 9-hour drive home. J and A's parents came over for lunch and to bring back the kiddos. We enjoyed our time with them and played Taboo before I had to head out. I left about 3.5 hours before my flight, giving me enough time to drive to the airport and turn in my rental car. Thanks goodness I left early.
About 20 miles after I left, a dash light came on. I think it was the engine light, but the symptoms were transmission-like. I decided to take the next exit, and as soon as I did, I lost all acceleration power. Luckily there was enough inertia left from going 70mph that I made it up an off-ramp, through a stop sign (which I carefully ran) and into a gas station lot. I had to get pushed into a space. I called the roadside assistance who called the rental car company who finally called me back to say it would be more than an hour for the tow truck to arrive. I would surely miss my flight.
Jhansi and Amanda's dad was still at the house when I called, so he, along with Ginger and Jhansi, drove me to the airport. I made it with plenty of time to spare, and he would not accept any money for gas. Thankfully they were also able to drive back to the gas station to make sure the car was gone. It was, and that was good news for me because I was told I would be responsible for the car until it was picked up. So something that could have been bad and scary was actually fairly uneventful. Thank you God!
I arrived home safely. Scott picked me up and delivered me to my surprise: he had cleaned the entire apartment! He even mopped! He also hung a picture over our bed that I bought over a month ago. I had been feeling overwhelmed the week before and he knew I had another busy week to get us ready for the camping trip. It was such a great surprise! Thanks, Honey!
Saturday we slept in after staying up way too late playing games. In the afternoon we visited a local winery to take a tour and taste wines. It was a beautiful place and an enjoyable experience. We went back to the house and played more games. I was never able to stay up as late as the others. One night I fell asleep on the couch sitting up, then next night in the floor.
Sunday morning we had a small devotional before bidding farewell to the first two to leave. They had a 9-hour drive home. J and A's parents came over for lunch and to bring back the kiddos. We enjoyed our time with them and played Taboo before I had to head out. I left about 3.5 hours before my flight, giving me enough time to drive to the airport and turn in my rental car. Thanks goodness I left early.
About 20 miles after I left, a dash light came on. I think it was the engine light, but the symptoms were transmission-like. I decided to take the next exit, and as soon as I did, I lost all acceleration power. Luckily there was enough inertia left from going 70mph that I made it up an off-ramp, through a stop sign (which I carefully ran) and into a gas station lot. I had to get pushed into a space. I called the roadside assistance who called the rental car company who finally called me back to say it would be more than an hour for the tow truck to arrive. I would surely miss my flight.
Jhansi and Amanda's dad was still at the house when I called, so he, along with Ginger and Jhansi, drove me to the airport. I made it with plenty of time to spare, and he would not accept any money for gas. Thankfully they were also able to drive back to the gas station to make sure the car was gone. It was, and that was good news for me because I was told I would be responsible for the car until it was picked up. So something that could have been bad and scary was actually fairly uneventful. Thank you God!
I arrived home safely. Scott picked me up and delivered me to my surprise: he had cleaned the entire apartment! He even mopped! He also hung a picture over our bed that I bought over a month ago. I had been feeling overwhelmed the week before and he knew I had another busy week to get us ready for the camping trip. It was such a great surprise! Thanks, Honey!







1 Comments:
One word: Boing.
Post a Comment
<< Home