Lucky. Again.
But how long does good luck last?
I got rear-ended this morning on my way to work. I'm glad I didn't see it coming or I would have tensed up really bad and possibly had re-occurrent memories of the wreck when I was 6 years old. I was at a stop light, and all of a sudden I heard a bang and my truck lurched. It took a minute for me to even realize it was me that got hit. Then immediately my adrenaline rushed. I got out of the car to view the damage. I felt slightly disoriented, but managed to get all of the guys insurance information even though my hands were trembling.
It only damaged the bumper. It was just two distinct dents to match the width of his grill guard which was thankfully covered by rubber. It didn't even damage the plastic bumper cover. It looks cosmetic only, but I will still have it checked out for further damage or misalignment. The guy wants to come to Toyota with me and just pay for it. Probably because he was driving a company truck and doesn't want it reported to his boss. I was inclined to oblige him, but I'm rethinking this. What if I wake up sore tomorrow and need to go to the doctor? Who would cover the medical bills? And who would pay for a day off work if I don't get a rental car while the truck is in the shop? And Scott said he would want to know if one of his employees did this... especially to make sure there isn't a pattern.
I got rear-ended this morning on my way to work. I'm glad I didn't see it coming or I would have tensed up really bad and possibly had re-occurrent memories of the wreck when I was 6 years old. I was at a stop light, and all of a sudden I heard a bang and my truck lurched. It took a minute for me to even realize it was me that got hit. Then immediately my adrenaline rushed. I got out of the car to view the damage. I felt slightly disoriented, but managed to get all of the guys insurance information even though my hands were trembling.
It only damaged the bumper. It was just two distinct dents to match the width of his grill guard which was thankfully covered by rubber. It didn't even damage the plastic bumper cover. It looks cosmetic only, but I will still have it checked out for further damage or misalignment. The guy wants to come to Toyota with me and just pay for it. Probably because he was driving a company truck and doesn't want it reported to his boss. I was inclined to oblige him, but I'm rethinking this. What if I wake up sore tomorrow and need to go to the doctor? Who would cover the medical bills? And who would pay for a day off work if I don't get a rental car while the truck is in the shop? And Scott said he would want to know if one of his employees did this... especially to make sure there isn't a pattern.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home