DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Info keeps looking better and better

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

1.28.2008

Info keeps looking better and better

So I hadn't looking into teaching for Dallas ISD for several reasons:
  • district is too large - I could be placed anywhere, even as far as 40 miles away from home. I don't want a large commute.
  • afraid I would be more likely stuck at a bad school in a bad part of town as a new teacher
But I have learned a few things that may trump those risks:
  • They have their own certification program.
  • If you get accepted into it, you are guaranteed a job in the Fall (I like those odds).
  • Their science and math stipend is higher, making them the highest paying in the end.
  • You can deduct the cost of the program from your first-year paycheck (several do this).
  • Out of pocket up front is around $1000.
  • AND, I think they start paying you in the summer, during the training! - That would totally alleviate a huge issue with the other options!
Now I just need to find some science teachers to observe since I know that is what I have to teach the first year. And I will also attend their info session on Feb. 4. I don't have to work for Block that night. YES!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I will pray for you and this decisiion. Btw you have been tagged. See my blog for details.

1/30/2008 12:54:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Cool. GO for it!

2/08/2008 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home