DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Blah blah blah

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

3.13.2008

Blah blah blah

I just haven't had much time to blog lately... or much to say.

The tax job is going well. I'm currently working three weeknights and 9-5 on Saturday. I love it, but it does leave me with less time for things that need doing around the house and less quality time with Scott. So that is definitely a challenge.

I did find out on Monday that I am for sure losing my lab job at the end of June. The grant has not been refunded so that leads to a reduction in force. I hope he finds other funding or the lab will eventually have to shut down. My boss has been doing this for 20 years, but I know he is not ready to retire. These times are hard though as the government is drastically cutting back research funding.

So this increases the pressure to find something else. As Ginger told me, at least God put it on my heart a while ago to start looking. I hope I find something soon, so my stint here can be over sooner. Just today someone tried to tell me how to do something very basic in the lab, as if I didn't know. I can't stand to be insulted like that! It just makes me want to quit. But we need a paycheck.

I am waiting to hear from Dallas ISD about the teacher training opportunity. I am going to look into other jobs as well though. My heart isn't 100% into teaching. But I know if I get chosen I will give it my best.

And to fulfill my responsibility for our tax office March Marketing Madness, I must ask 5 people a day: "Have you done your taxes?"

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

If you were a multi-millionaire what would you do with your time?

3/13/2008 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Not only have we done our taxes, we have already received our tax refund!

3/13/2008 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Maybe you could find a full-time job in taxes? You seem to really like it and I know from personal experience that you are good at it :)

3/14/2008 04:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely since you posted that question on your blog it counts as asking WAY more than five people! :-) And don't even let me start in about my taxes--it would take about a year to clarify...we've finally gotten a tax attorney from another town who has experience doing another missionary's taxes...ahhhh, the joys of being an "Ausländerin"

3/25/2008 02:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home