DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Going back on my word

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

5.23.2008

Going back on my word

In one of my most recent posts I said I wasn't going to spend the eco stimulus rebate that the government just gave us. Well, I'm about to go put down earnest money for a house that we put an offer on last night. Yes, that's right, we might buy a house!! I think we'll hear back this morning about that also. The owners aren't out yet, so we are flexible on closing. We have to give 2 months notice at the apartment anyway. But we did suggest a tentative date for July 8, our anniversary. Now wouldn't that be cool!!

And yes, I got a spot in the teacher training program for this summer. It starts June 16, and I'll be in the classroom in the Fall. Don't know what school yet.

So there's some good news!

-Next up, Wallace is in training school now and doing well.
-Becca and Jonathan came up for a visit last weekend with the baby and we had a great time. She spent her money on a new laptop since she will be quitting the job at the school.
-We're headed to Austin sometime this weekend to see the family. It feels like it's been way too long. Don't know even when we're leaving yet.
-We might go buy a lawn mower tonight if the offer is accepted. They're on sale right now. We can always take it back if the deal falls through. Yay, a lawn mower! Have I mentioned how much I enjoy mowing the yard?

That's all for now.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm so excited for ya'll!!!!
Would you like to mow our lawn?

5/23/2008 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

We are next in line after Becca. I will even pay for gas!!!

5/31/2008 03:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home