Training so far
There is a lot for me to say, but there is not a lot of time to say it. In fact, I am still in the middle of my first lesson plan, and it is after midnight now. In short, I am CRAZY busy now!! This past week began my teacher training.
If you asked me a week ago if I really thought I could do this gig, I would have said, "Um, I'm not so sure. I'm scared and nervous, and I don't know if I signed up for the right job." Even though it's only been a week, the training so far has really boosted my confidence. I know that I am in a great program, and for that I am so thankful. I may have to drive really far every day or take the train for the next year (or two), but the foundation that I am receiving is totally going to be worth it!
I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the teaching community at a school (still yet to be identified), to the time when it doesn't take me 5 hours to complete a lesson plan, and to the smiles on the kids' faces when they understand a concept. That will be so rewarding! And I can't wait until I can once again say, "I love my job."
If you asked me a week ago if I really thought I could do this gig, I would have said, "Um, I'm not so sure. I'm scared and nervous, and I don't know if I signed up for the right job." Even though it's only been a week, the training so far has really boosted my confidence. I know that I am in a great program, and for that I am so thankful. I may have to drive really far every day or take the train for the next year (or two), but the foundation that I am receiving is totally going to be worth it!
I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the teaching community at a school (still yet to be identified), to the time when it doesn't take me 5 hours to complete a lesson plan, and to the smiles on the kids' faces when they understand a concept. That will be so rewarding! And I can't wait until I can once again say, "I love my job."







1 Comments:
I'm so thankful that things are going well. I'm sure your first lesson plan was awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home