Finally!
Finally! Finally I get to do some unpacking. Finally I get to write a small blog post. Finally I feel like I can enjoy having a house, and finally, I feel like I have some sort of life again :-)
We moved in on July 12, two weeks ago! It still looks like that day. Scott has done the majority of anything so far. He changed the locks, mowed and edged the lawn, assembled our make shift pantry, set up the printers for me, and last night he even installed a door that leads to our garage room. We figure that will help to keep the electric bill lower once we close off the vent out there as we won't use it on a daily basis. Oh, and Scott washed the first load of dishes, glasses and bowls. Sadly, I just unloaded them today.
I tell you the teacher training program has stolen all of my free time. It was mainly the lesson planning, but I turned in my last 2 yesterday. Monday I had three major projects due. This weekend I simply have to write my course syllabus, fill out a scholarship application and get ready for my first lesson. We all present a full 45-minute lesson this next week. I'm scheduled for Monday. I have to make about 5 mystery boxes for demonstration of the scientific method. Today I ran errands, and I really enjoyed that time. Now I'm working on setting up the kitchen. I'm so excited! I'm almost getting emotional because I can't believe we finally have a house. I haven't even had a moment for that to sink in until now. I'm looking forward to losing some boxes today and unpacking the suitcase!
In other news, my parents 50th anniversary is today! I'm so happy for and proud of them. We had a huge shindig last weekend in Austin to celebrate, and it was so much fun! My sisters and I planned it and decorated for it. We were very happy with the turn out, and the parents loved it! We even wrote a song for them. We used our old adage from college and wrote it to the tune of "Tell Me Why" by the Backstreet Boys. "Tell us parents...." It was classic.
I still don't have a school, but I did have an interview last week. Then the principal was in meetings the rest of the week. I hope to hear something early next week. There is another job fair on the 31st, but I don't want to have to wait for that. I hate going to those things. I just hope I get selected for this other school instead. It's also the closest one to where we live, so that would be a blessing. I could take the train and bus if it's safe enough to do so, otherwise it would be a 15 mile drive one way.
Thanks for coming back to read. Hope you are all doing well.
We moved in on July 12, two weeks ago! It still looks like that day. Scott has done the majority of anything so far. He changed the locks, mowed and edged the lawn, assembled our make shift pantry, set up the printers for me, and last night he even installed a door that leads to our garage room. We figure that will help to keep the electric bill lower once we close off the vent out there as we won't use it on a daily basis. Oh, and Scott washed the first load of dishes, glasses and bowls. Sadly, I just unloaded them today.
I tell you the teacher training program has stolen all of my free time. It was mainly the lesson planning, but I turned in my last 2 yesterday. Monday I had three major projects due. This weekend I simply have to write my course syllabus, fill out a scholarship application and get ready for my first lesson. We all present a full 45-minute lesson this next week. I'm scheduled for Monday. I have to make about 5 mystery boxes for demonstration of the scientific method. Today I ran errands, and I really enjoyed that time. Now I'm working on setting up the kitchen. I'm so excited! I'm almost getting emotional because I can't believe we finally have a house. I haven't even had a moment for that to sink in until now. I'm looking forward to losing some boxes today and unpacking the suitcase!
In other news, my parents 50th anniversary is today! I'm so happy for and proud of them. We had a huge shindig last weekend in Austin to celebrate, and it was so much fun! My sisters and I planned it and decorated for it. We were very happy with the turn out, and the parents loved it! We even wrote a song for them. We used our old adage from college and wrote it to the tune of "Tell Me Why" by the Backstreet Boys. "Tell us parents...." It was classic.
I still don't have a school, but I did have an interview last week. Then the principal was in meetings the rest of the week. I hope to hear something early next week. There is another job fair on the 31st, but I don't want to have to wait for that. I hate going to those things. I just hope I get selected for this other school instead. It's also the closest one to where we live, so that would be a blessing. I could take the train and bus if it's safe enough to do so, otherwise it would be a 15 mile drive one way.
Thanks for coming back to read. Hope you are all doing well.







3 Comments:
I'm glad that you finally got some time to enjoy your house!! Don't worry it will all get unpacked eventually. Just take it one box at a time. Congrats again on your job. I can't wait to hear more details.
thanks for admiring my flowers. I am glad you have a school that lets you thumb your nose at the petroleum companies and take the train to work. We need to outlaw cars. When is the teacher training finally over?
It's been great catching up with your blogging. Congrats on the house! Bri
Post a Comment
<< Home