Uh-oh!
So we realized last night about 7 p.m. that we forgot to order electric and water services at the new house. We take ownership this coming Tuesday! I was out running errands, so I immediately stopped and looked up Texas Power on my phone. Thank goodness they were still open until 8:30 p.m.! How lucky was I!? So I got the order placed, but the best they can do is July 10 (Thursday). I guess we'll just have to clean in the dark, without A/C. That is if the water gets turned on by then. I just filled out the application right now and will fax it later. Of course everyone is closed today, so that won't even get processed until Monday!
I blame my forgetfulness on my new schedule! That and the holiday. It was just July 1 yesterday, right? Of course, Scott could have remembered also, but did he either? No. We're both a little mindless right now.
Time is getting away from me! And it will be our 2-yr anniversary on Tuesday also. I don't think we're even going to dinner since we will have just spent so much money closing on a house!
I blame my forgetfulness on my new schedule! That and the holiday. It was just July 1 yesterday, right? Of course, Scott could have remembered also, but did he either? No. We're both a little mindless right now.
Time is getting away from me! And it will be our 2-yr anniversary on Tuesday also. I don't think we're even going to dinner since we will have just spent so much money closing on a house!
Labels: house







5 Comments:
just consider it getting in touch with your pioneer side :-)
I'm glad that you at least got to go out to dinner. Congratulations!!
I don't think you are having senior moments or any serious memory problems. You have never had to deal with having so many utilities turned on before. Now you and Scott are the landlords, so you have to do everything. If it helps, you can sleep without AC by wrapping yourself in wet sheets and letting the fan blow over you all night, though that might give you pneumonia, but, well, you will stay cool.
And, you can hose down the brick walls of the house in the evening to get some evaporative cooling on the house and a good Kodak moment.
Karen and Scott, I am so sorry I forgot your 2nd anniversary. We have all been so busy lately.
I hope you got to enjoy your new little while today. I can't wait to see it.
Love,
Mom
I hope you are enjoying your new house!
Post a Comment
<< Home