DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: What in the world?!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

4.26.2005

What in the world?!

Something out of the blue has happened. This lab was going so well for the last 5 weeks. I had already started making mental preparations since it was looking like I was going to stay. Then the PI found out something on Friday that makes my doing another rotation a neccesity. I can't put the details on here. I'm so glad she was honest and up front with me, and it was so evident that she has my best interest in mind. In fact, she was even searching really hard to find an immunological slant to incorporate into her lab just for me so I could still get my degree in immunology. That is the most I've seen anyone care about me around here so far. Very cool. Anyway, talk about a door slamming shut the day I was to make my decision. Guess that's proof that God's hand is in it. Guess He slammed the door at just the right time.

Meanwhile, I'm a tad discouraged. I'm tired. I'm just so ready to be settled, and now I have to look again for the fifth time in the sea of options (200+ faculty list) which just overwhelms me, and I don't want to right now. If I didn't have class, I would seriously take a break for one or two weeks. And I even got permission to do so. But, I have my first appt tomorrow a.m. with another faculty member. And we know it will all work out in the end.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Not able to talk about it huh? Obviously working on some genetic engineering stuff that could destroy life as we know it, and they don't want the public to know about it.

Sorry to read about your wearyness. However the good news is that Apple has a new operating system coming out, so it is not all bad. Life would be boring unless you have something to look forward to.

4/28/2005 01:13:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yes, the new OS. I still haven't decided about it. I'm sure I'll buy it at some point even if I don't install it right away. I first must check to make sure my printers and other stuff will offer drivers for it. Moving to 10.3 from 10.2 was a little rocky in that dept. Maybe you should blog about it and add a new post!

4/28/2005 08:17:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heheh. Not sure how fast I will upgrade either...

4/28/2005 10:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home