DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Weekend with sis and bro

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

11.16.2005

Weekend with sis and bro

Becca and Jonathan drove up here last Thursday for the weekend. They went to Medievel Times that night to celebrate her birthday which is on the 19th. They were off on Friday for Veteran's Day, but I had to get up and go to work. Yuck!! I felt wierd leaving my company to fend for themselves. But they knew it would be that way. They enjoyed the time to themselves just relaxing and shopping and doing whatever they wanted.

Friday night (after work) Scott surprised us all with dinner at the Macaroni Grill. He had received a forgotten rebate check in the mail and knew that was Becca's favorite restaurant. BUT, we forgot to do something silly for her birthday, and Macaroni Man wasn't even there. I almost called my dad to tell him the position was OPEN! Oh, and Scott drove us there in his fancy car. Becca rode in the front seat and loved it. She even said, "Jonathan, can we get one of these?" He was shocked and happily replied, "You bet. We'll go first thing tomorrow!" He would have loved that.

Becca and I love to go shopping together even if we don't buy anything. Our visit together would not have been complete without it, but we didn't want to leave the boys behind so we took them shopping. Of course, we had to divide the interests and take turns going to boys and girls stores. I think it went like this: Fry's (electronics), Ross (clothes), the boys went to some home improvement store and then we all went to the HUGE Bed Bath & Beyond here in Dallas. The boys even like this store! I asked Scott at one point that day if he was enjoying our time together. His response: "We could have spent more time at Fry's." Good honk! We were there for an hour as it was! Boys!

It was great to have them up, as it had been a while since the last time they came up here. I did realize later though that Becca and I didn't get any sister time. Maybe we'll send the boys shopping separately next time. That way they can also spend as long as they want at Fry's.

2 Comments:

Blogger Avery's mom said...

that was good of you to share the shopping. sometimes its so hard to take men anywhere

11/16/2005 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

One hour is not nearly enough time at Fry's, and far too much at Bed Bath and Beyond.

11/19/2005 12:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home