More preparations
We spent our day off on Memorial Day cleaning out and organizing Scott's closet. It took a while but we accomplished a lot. We bought a new chest and put it in there and even made a nook for his fax machine for when he needs to work from home. I already moved in my clothes that I don't currently wear on an every day basis.


We got a new bed frame and another night stand as a wedding gift. We upgraded to a king size and picked out this new mattress to go with it. As you can see the comforter does not quite fit now. We registered for a new one. We did hit Foley's for a major sale on sheets so he could have somewhere to sleep last night.

We didn't realize the mattress was this big. Scott insisted on taking this photo to show how tall it is - or how short I am! I may very well have to get a step stool to get on it once it becomes mine too.


We got a new bed frame and another night stand as a wedding gift. We upgraded to a king size and picked out this new mattress to go with it. As you can see the comforter does not quite fit now. We registered for a new one. We did hit Foley's for a major sale on sheets so he could have somewhere to sleep last night.

We didn't realize the mattress was this big. Scott insisted on taking this photo to show how tall it is - or how short I am! I may very well have to get a step stool to get on it once it becomes mine too.







11 Comments:
just run and leap into the bed! maybe get a trampoline if you need more bounce
That is hillarious! I think that the trampoline is a wonderful idea. At least it is a king size bed and there is less chance for you to fall off and injure yourself in the big fall.
The bed frame is from The Room Store.
I'll have to look into the trampoline idea. That's a hoot!
"holy hugeness"! That cracked me up--falls right in there with our very own, "good honk!" I think we got our bed at the Room Store as well...I was surprised how high ours was when we got it, too! It looks nice!
One day you will be so glad you have a king. Kiddos love to sleep with mommy and daddy. They just tend to sleep the wrong way (across, not up or down). Damon and I have a king and LOVE it!! Even though it is so old that there are pictures of Ellis laying on it watching TV right before his wedding (it was at Grandma's house!!) Hey, beats the floor!
Yes, that is one thing we were thinking about - somehow kids always end up with you at one time or another.
You may have to put up those side rails for kids so you don't fall out and hurt yourself! Trust me the bigger the bed the better -esp when you are pregnant. The pillows alone take up 3/4 of the bed! Have fun! =)
So is it comfortable? That is the main thing.
We both agree that it is! Scott left for Tulsa on Monday, so I took my turn sleeping in it the last two nights. Let's just say I don't want to get up in the morning. We have 90 days to make sure or we can exchange it for a minor fee.
Nice bed! We got the bedroom set that my mother-in-law bought for herself and then didn't have room for. While it is a nice set, and free, it was exactly the opposite of what I would have chosen for myself. But again it was free.
When Jeana bought a new mattresses a few years ago, she had to get a step stool to get into her bed. I think she got it at Bombay. It was a hoot! My bed is really tall too, but I designed it that way...I wanted lots of storage underneath.
Post a Comment
<< Home