DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Mrs. Cellular

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

8.17.2006

Mrs. Cellular

That seems to be my new name. Everyone says it that way anyway. It does look like that at first glance. The other day I was activating my debit card over the phone and the lady said, "Could you hold, Mrs. Cellular?" I said sure, and as soon as there was silence, I laughed and said to Scott, "Babe, she just called me Mrs. Cellular." When she came back on the phone, the first thing she asked was how to pronounce my last name and then apologized immensely and proceeded to tell me that I had only been on silent mute, not a true hold. (Wow, be careful next time someone puts you on hold. They might can hear everything you say.)

Anyway, it's funny to hear all the different interpretations of Mrs. C.

7 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Yes, it's quite an experience to go from an easy last name to a hard one. My advice after almost seven years of being Mrs. Queery/Quirez/Quirky is to just get used to people butchering it and learn to laugh. We keep an informal list of the versions and are eager to share when we get a new one. (We've had many new ones since moving to Brazil!)

8/17/2006 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Quirky - that's awesome!

8/17/2006 06:18:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ms. Cellular. That is a cool name. I think I will call you that, too, from now on.

8/17/2006 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

BTW, is Scott related to the Cuellar who pitched for the Baltimore Orioles?

8/17/2006 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I would assume not. There are more out there than I thought there would be. I'll have to ask him.

8/17/2006 09:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Funny, Karen :) I always get called Mrs. Ripley (like Ripley's Believe it or not Museum). I just say "Yes, that's right. Our family has tons fo shrunked heads in the garage" :P

8/18/2006 09:46:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That is what I think of when I think of your last name.
That is hillarious that she heard everything that you said@

8/18/2006 05:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home