DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Some last thoughts

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

7.07.2006

Some last thoughts

I was hoping to have the time to write one more post... what was I thinking!? The in-laws arrived yesterday and the meeting of both parent sets have gone so well. They were a big help yesterday with details. I'm now up early because I cannot sleep anymore even though I only went to sleep at 2:30 a.m. There's still a lot to do, but I'm told it will all fall into place. Right now, even while sleepy (or maybe because I'm sleepy), I feel a knot beginning to form in my throat - the kind where you feel "all choked up" - as I think about what is about to take place. It results from a combination of nervousness and overwhelming joy. If tears fall, that will be okay, but they will be mostly the result of happiness. I woke up this morning envisioning seeing my soon-to-be husband standing at the front of the church with a huge smile on his face. I can't wait!!!

Everyone has been such a big help - running errands, assisting with details (I think I like that word), or keeping me company with smiles and laughter into the wee hours of the morning. I cannot go without specifically recognizing my mom who has been so hard at work for so many days. I appreciate so much all the sacrifices she has made and all the love she has put into making this day so special. I love you all!

See you on the other side! I will soon be a Mrs. :-)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen,
I am so happy for you. I'm sorry that I won't be able to be there to share in your special day but I will be thinking of you. I can't wait until I get to hear all the details and see the pictures. May your day be blessed.
Brenda

7/07/2006 08:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hope to see some photos online soon. :)

7/08/2006 07:25:00 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Congrats! Will we get to see a You Tube video of the ceremony? :-)

7/08/2006 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Could you post directions to the church? I forget where it is.

7/09/2006 01:30:00 AM  
Blogger Avery's mom said...

well, your a MRS. now! hope everything went beautifully! i'm looking forward to some pictures when you get the time to blog again. I bet it was just divine

7/09/2006 01:51:00 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

YEAH! Your now a Mrs., but I am curious, what is your new last name? Hope ya'll are having a blast in Hawaii!
Gina

7/09/2006 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger ann said...

Congrats! I thought of you on Saturday and did a little toast. Blessings!

7/10/2006 04:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you both wisdom and patience, especially when everyday life returns. You've really accelerated at a high rate - if you keep this up, you'll be a grandmother several times over before you're forty.

Mark

7/12/2006 03:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home