DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: We're stressed and nervous

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

2.20.2007

We're stressed and nervous

Today Scott is getting his wisdom teeth out. The lower two grew in completely sideways so those will be cut out. We went for instructions yesterday, and there are so many directions I have to remember. No straws, no throwing up, no strain, alternate ice every 15 mins, meds every 4 hours, oh wait, soup first, remember the water - can't let him get dehydrated. So I'm nervous about getting him taken care of correctly. I set up the bed before I left this morning so we can just prop him there right when we get home. I've summoned the neighbor's help to get the groggy guy up the stairs.

Scott's nervous just about going through the whole thing. The dr. said his lower teeth are also close to a nerve, so I'm nervous about him hitting that nerve. He's a good dentist though, and of course he does this all the time. I'm picking Scott up at 2:45, 45 minutes after he has his first pills. I'll likely find him laying on his desk. Wish us luck!

Oh, and pray for us. There are other reasons we are stressed. I'll ask Scott if I can write about that later. At least we have this teeth procedure to keep our minds occupied for a few days.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thoughts for you all today!! I had all 4 wisdom teeth out at once. All mine were impacted and 1 was growing out sideways! So, I know how painful it was, but it gets better by day 3 or 4. Ben was able to take care of me so I have great confidence that Scott will survive under your care :) Just remember, soft foods for awhile. Ben tried to feed me chicken strips the first day..hahah

2/20/2007 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann Melton said...

I thought about you guys yesterday. I also had all four of my wisdom teeth done at the same time.

You and Scott will be in my prayers. I hope that the procedure went smoothly and that the recovery time will be swift - and that the pain meds work.

2/21/2007 08:44:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think 3 of my wisdom teeth are sidways. They tell me all the time they need to come out, but they never bother me, so I hold off. I should have had them taken out when I was in the Navy. Now it seems like investing in the kids teeth is a better investment.

2/24/2007 03:48:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Chris, 5 kids is expensive. But, the dentist told us the longer you wait the harder the jaw bone is and the longer it takes to heal. You could possibly need a bone graft if you wait too long.

2/24/2007 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

What if you just never get it done? Maybe its not the end of the world to die with sideways teeth? I am not sure.

3/04/2007 12:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home