Catching a breath
Wow, there is a lot going on, some of which I shouldn't talk about on here. Please pray for my family.
We had a nice time in Austin for two days surrounding Thanksgiving last week. The food was great and it was awesome to see some of my family again. Not that I didn't want to see all of them (:-) some were just out of town.
On Thursday I also did my first photo shoot. I took pictures of Becca and Jonathan and her pregnant belly. I haven't had time to download them yet, but they look good on the viewfinder. I tried different lighting conditions, and we used a black sheet as a backdrop. Most will likely be converted to black and white. I'm anxious to upload them when I find time. I already know things I should have done differently, but those things will find their way into my technique as I have more practice. It was fun!
We did a little bit of shopping on black Friday. I only spent $30! Woohoo! Becca spent the most because she found a great camcorder. They want one now that Kylee is coming soon. It was fun spending time with her out shopping. We didn't wake up at 5. We got to Best Buy at 7:30 thinking it would be horrible. Believe it or not, we were in and out in 20 minutes. They had the camcorder still, and there was no one in line! They were smart and had several checkout stations throughout the store. Great idea!
Then Scott and I (and Wallace) headed back Friday evening and had two days at home to relax. But we didn't relax at all on Saturday. Details coming next...
We had a nice time in Austin for two days surrounding Thanksgiving last week. The food was great and it was awesome to see some of my family again. Not that I didn't want to see all of them (:-) some were just out of town.
On Thursday I also did my first photo shoot. I took pictures of Becca and Jonathan and her pregnant belly. I haven't had time to download them yet, but they look good on the viewfinder. I tried different lighting conditions, and we used a black sheet as a backdrop. Most will likely be converted to black and white. I'm anxious to upload them when I find time. I already know things I should have done differently, but those things will find their way into my technique as I have more practice. It was fun!
We did a little bit of shopping on black Friday. I only spent $30! Woohoo! Becca spent the most because she found a great camcorder. They want one now that Kylee is coming soon. It was fun spending time with her out shopping. We didn't wake up at 5. We got to Best Buy at 7:30 thinking it would be horrible. Believe it or not, we were in and out in 20 minutes. They had the camcorder still, and there was no one in line! They were smart and had several checkout stations throughout the store. Great idea!
Then Scott and I (and Wallace) headed back Friday evening and had two days at home to relax. But we didn't relax at all on Saturday. Details coming next...







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home