Cowboys!
Thanksgiving Day, 2005 - We forewent the traditional feast in order to see this game. Scott's dad is a big fan. Afterwards we went to Denny's for dinner. It was the only place open, but it helped us not to eat too much. I even skipped pie, though now, a few days later, I want just one slice of pumpkin pie. I should have thought to help someone out with their leftovers. Don't have any of those either.
It was his family's first trip to Dallas, and we had a really great weekend. We did a little bit of shopping on Friday. It was just me and Scott and his parents in the morning. His dad likes guns (only sport shooting) and the store Cabella's, so we headed to it in Ft. Worth Friday afternoon. Then we went to the Galleria mall that night. No one bought much though.
We had to use two cars to transport everyone wherever we went. This meant using my truck which allowed me one-on-one time with each of his family members. That was nice. His dad wanted to know why I bought a truck, he told me about the pills he takes, and and he asked how Scott and I met. His mom also asked how we met. Hmm... Scott said he thought he told them. She also told me how happy he is now compared to before he met me. Awww!
I'm so glad they were able to come. I did miss spending time with my own family, but we'll go down to Austin for Christmas. Here are some photo highlights of the experience at the cowboys game.

Entering the stadium, I noticed it looked a lot smaller than I expected. I expected the field to look HUGE! Here is the view from our seats. Even though we were on the very top row, we could still see very well. There is not a bad seat in the house. Unless it rains of course.

Waiting for the game to start. Left to right: Scott, Sylvia (his mom), Lupe (his dad), Cassandra (his sister), Eddie (sister's boyfriend) We got there about 1 o'clock for the 3:15 kickoff, but it saved us a lot of time in traffic. Next time we'll know to bring food and have a cookout where we park. Everyone else was smarter than us.

Scott's mom bought us girls cowboy hats to wear and everyone matching shirts.

Exercises before the game!

This is what we saw every time we looked to our left. Scott's dad with the binoculars. Well, I should say that he did share them. And I'll tell you that watching a field goal kick through them is even better than on TV. Too bad it was the missed field goal attempt that lost the game!

This guy couldn't decide who to root for. Pardon the blur.

If Becca thought that air mattress was huge, she should see this helmet! Her eyes might pop out though! :-)
It was his family's first trip to Dallas, and we had a really great weekend. We did a little bit of shopping on Friday. It was just me and Scott and his parents in the morning. His dad likes guns (only sport shooting) and the store Cabella's, so we headed to it in Ft. Worth Friday afternoon. Then we went to the Galleria mall that night. No one bought much though.
We had to use two cars to transport everyone wherever we went. This meant using my truck which allowed me one-on-one time with each of his family members. That was nice. His dad wanted to know why I bought a truck, he told me about the pills he takes, and and he asked how Scott and I met. His mom also asked how we met. Hmm... Scott said he thought he told them. She also told me how happy he is now compared to before he met me. Awww!
I'm so glad they were able to come. I did miss spending time with my own family, but we'll go down to Austin for Christmas. Here are some photo highlights of the experience at the cowboys game.

Entering the stadium, I noticed it looked a lot smaller than I expected. I expected the field to look HUGE! Here is the view from our seats. Even though we were on the very top row, we could still see very well. There is not a bad seat in the house. Unless it rains of course.

Waiting for the game to start. Left to right: Scott, Sylvia (his mom), Lupe (his dad), Cassandra (his sister), Eddie (sister's boyfriend) We got there about 1 o'clock for the 3:15 kickoff, but it saved us a lot of time in traffic. Next time we'll know to bring food and have a cookout where we park. Everyone else was smarter than us.

Scott's mom bought us girls cowboy hats to wear and everyone matching shirts.

Exercises before the game!

This is what we saw every time we looked to our left. Scott's dad with the binoculars. Well, I should say that he did share them. And I'll tell you that watching a field goal kick through them is even better than on TV. Too bad it was the missed field goal attempt that lost the game!

This guy couldn't decide who to root for. Pardon the blur.

If Becca thought that air mattress was huge, she should see this helmet! Her eyes might pop out though! :-)







4 Comments:
Thanks for the pictures! The helmet is amazing! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time...Scott's family seems like alot of fun. Thanks for sharing...
I enjoyed seeing the pictures too. Scott has a nice looking family. It is nice to put a face to them. I will have to show Brandon the big helmet. We missed you at Thanksgiving, but glad you had a good time with Scott and his family. You can make up for the pie at Christmas.
It looked like ya'll were having lots of fun. When I saw the helmet, my eyes almost did pop out!
I can not believe the Cowboys lost that game!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home