DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: Happy Turkey Day!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

11.24.2005

Happy Turkey Day!

The funniest thing happened this morning. My phone rang, and even though I didn't recognize the number, I answered it. Sometimes those calling card prefixes can fool you, so I thought it could be a calling card user. The man on the other line said, "Karen!"

"Yes?" I replied.

"It's Dad."

I didn't recognize the voice as being my dad. "Who?"

"It's Dad."

"Say that again."

"I think I must have the wrong number."

"I think so, but my name is also Karen."

"Well, I have a daughter named Karen, but you don't sound like her. How do you spell yours? Hers is K-A-R-Y-N."

"Nope, that's not me."

We exchanged "Happy Thanksgivings" and then we hung up.

And then I laughed. What are the odds of that?

Scott's parents flew in yesterday, and we are going to the Cowboys game today. His mom bought us shirts and cowboy hats to wear. Watch for us on TV. We're in one of the endzones up top.

By the way, this is great!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Avery's mom said...

that is a funny story
what are the odds of Karyns dad knowing your phone number...hope he was able to reach his daughter.
hope you enjoyed the game

11/25/2005 02:19:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

That is great! I listened to the turkey song and I totally laughed!

11/26/2005 08:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home