DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Better blog header
Photo by Mary Ann Melton valleys fill first: You won't believe it!

"Every day is a gift you've been given. Make the most of the time, every minute you're living." -Chris Rice

11.27.2007

You won't believe it!

Scott is saying goodbye to his favorite car today. I'm still in shock. In some ways I think I am more sad than even he is. He was standing next to that car the very first time I saw him. It was the vehicle of our first date. It's just Scott.

I'll miss the seats that wrap and heat the body. We made many a trip to El Paso, and it's a comfortable ride in that car. Cozy. Wallace even had a perfect seat in the back.

Scott has always loved the rotary engine Mazda's. He's had his RX-8 for 3 years now but says he is ready for a change. He is looking to the future and is making his decision mostly based on the fact that the engines in those cars don't last forever (~85K miles). He's approaching the mileage where the warranty runs out, and he would likely have to replace the motor just about the time he paid it off. It was a great car for a single guy, but he says he's in a different place in life and is thinking about our future kids also.

We have two vehicles that can only seat two comfortably. Anytime people visit us, they have to drive. We decided to keep my truck because 1. It's paid off and 2. It will hold it's value a lot longer. Letting it go was not even an option at this point. But likely we will sell it when I need a family car. I've already got bidders on my truck.

So today we trade in the Mazda for a Toyota Tundra. They are giving us about $2500 more than Scott owes for his car. That's actually top dollar for it. The Tundra will also be silver, and Scott is pumped about that. He picked a Tundra because we would still like a truck in the long run, it will have 4 doors and seat 5, and he wants something big with power. He's such a boy. It feels weird that we will have two trucks, but at least the Tundra gets better gas mileage than the RX-8!

The best part of the whole deal is we are getting 0% financing! It's a 2007 model and the dealership is trying to move them off the lot. You should have heard us haggling. I was saying No like a pro! Scott said he was proud of me. We knew what we could pay and we were standing firm. Car salesmen always crack me up. They ask you what is the absolute max you can pay, then they come back with a much higher number. Of course we say no, and they decide they want to waste their own time and repeat that process 4 times before they eventually give us the price we want. It's pretty stupid if you ask me. But it got us more trade-in value, and we are walking away with a steal of a deal! I'm excited too.

I'll post pics later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home